Friday, January 14, 2011

An Apology

Well, it is with a heavy heart that I start this entry. One of my goals when I began this blog was to keep it updated, and since the last post came on the 27th of August, 2010, it is clear I have fallen way way short of that goal and I am sorry.... However, be not dismayed! a new year is upon us and I am more inspired than ever. Originally my delay in posts was due to the fact that Blogspot, along with Facebook and Youtube, was blocked in China. People told me it could be accessed through a proxy site, but since security was something we needed to keep in mind it seemed best to just wait till I got back to the states. But then I got back and our debrief week, the student’s graduation and approaching holidays swept me right away with it. Good news! is it has finally set me back down and here I am, a month later, getting back at it :).

Our China team returned to Kona on the 12th of December, and spent the next 2 days resting and beginning to recover from the 18 hr time difference (18 hours ahead, meaning we were living in the future! So cool!) It was great to be back together with everyone and it felt like we were picking up right where we’d left off. Like there was never any time spent apart, which is pretty telling about the bond created within our school. Slowly, powerful stories from each team began to circulate, and I was reminded that as short as three months may seem it is plenty of time for God to move, and for lives to be changed all over the world.

My desire over these next couple weeks is to bring you some of the experiences from my time in China, and to do my best to share what God had for our team during the three months we were there. It was an amazing time, to say the least. I didn’t know what I was getting into when I stepped on that plane heading to China, but I look back and can’t see it having been any better than it was. God blessed us with unity and joy as a team, and also relationally as he gifted us with deep friendships in short amounts of time.

I kept a journal pretty regularly and that is where a majority of these next posts will come until I am up to date. There’s some pretty exciting stuff coming on the wings of 2011 and I can’t wait to share it. But first, about China!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment